2017. május 16., kedd

Hasbro Little Kingdom - Fashion Change Belle

"Wenn ich dein Spiegel wär,
dann würdest du dich in mir sehn"

Literally: If I were your mirror, you could see yourself in me ( Rudolf asking his mother for help)

 from the musical Elisabeth, by Lévay and Kunze

Another princess joined my Little Kingdom, this time it's Belle, another of my favourite princesses. I made a rule for myself, only one set is allowed every month. Anna was the March princess, Belle is the April princess. I plan an Elsa and and a Merida for May and June, sometime a Rapunzel and if I ever find one Mulan of course. And Pocahontas. And... and... and all of them!
But right now, Belle is here to be inspected. This set is part of the fashion change series, fashion change Cinderella and fashion change Tiana and more are already out there.
Belle comes in her signature yellow dress and brings her blue townoutfit along. And of course a heap of books as her headpiece. Her snapin is Chip the teacup. There is a little mirror as well and it has a handle so the little ladies can hold it. To tell the truth, Anna did better with holding it than Belle, their arms are posed differently. The mirror can't be fastened to a dress but it is a nice little prop for them to have. :)
On the backside, there is a picture of Belle in both outfits and of course and explanation how the mix and match and how the snapins work. Also some warnings, since these princesses are really small. Not suitable for younger children, I'd say 5 years and up instead of 3 and up.
She comes with the same little pamphlet that shows most of what's available. Since this set was made, new sets came out, like Pocahontas.
Belles artwork shows this girl with her nose stuck in a book as usual and she wears her golden ballgown. I think any other dress would work better with the reading pose but that might be just me beeing picky.
Let's free Belle! She has a simple packaging, a cardboard back and some transparent plastic.
She is secured with one big tie across her torso. Those roses on her dress are pretty!
Her background is the bridge Maurice crosses on his way to the fair.
I turned the plastic around so I could get her out more easily and I saw that she has some nice details moulded into her hair and her dress as well. The roses on the backside are not painted. It's the same as with Anna, the backside is a bit plainer but the moulded patterns are there, so if someone wants to decorate and paint it, it would not be a problem.  But I won't try that. :) I would mess it all up.
Her hair is longer than in the movie, more like her redesign hairstyle.
She has a broad smile on her face that reminds me a bit of Rapunzel. Now, here she is, all free, let's do some fashion changing. The top parts of her skirts are really interesting, since the yellow one has an apronlike mould and her actual apron, the white part of the extra dress is moulded to look like the top part of her ballgown. I think this is a great idea, really giving some sense to mixing the dresses.
Belles apron turned yellow
I think the white top and yellow bottom part make a nicer skirt than the yellow apron blue skirt combination but everyone to his or her own tastes. :)
Now, let's get Anna, aka Dori, to take part in the fun.
She lends Belle her crown to complete a princessy look. But books are more like Belle. Dori helps with showing off the outfits. The yellod outfit doesn't actually have a bodice, it's only a shoulderpiece and Belles painted on 'bathing suit' completes the dress.
I think it looks quite nice with a black bodice as well. The blue outfit comes with a complete top, a white blouse under the top part of the dress.
Books and Blue
I think it looks a bit like the top part of Ariels blue outfit. But this one has short poofy sleewes and the other two have long sleeves.
Snow Belle
This makes Belles outfit look a bit like Snow Whites signature outfit: short poofy sleeves, a blue bodice and a yellow skirt (a bit shorter than Snows but I won't be that strict. :) ) and even little yellow painted on shoes, the same color as Snow Whites. My other idea is a little girl ready to go to the playground. As you can see, she can stand quite well on her own. Her hair is in her way both when she tries to turn her head and when she tries to sit down but her posability is impressive for her size. She's a little beauty!
And one last thought. When those two girls stand next to each other wearing the outfits they came in, it looks like Anna is a little bit chubbier than Belle, because Anna wears a whole bodice while Belle only a shoulderpiece. One can play a bit around with the build of the girls as well, how cool is that? And with such tiny little princesses!
Anna holds her head high up, Belle can't do that because of her long hair
Here is a photo for you to check it. :)
Owerall she is is a really nice addition to my little kingdom and it is fun to play with her, especially that there is another girl to give some stuff to mix and match. I'm not sure how well they hold up to play though. I advise everybody to be careful while dressing and mixing and matching.
Two more mix and match pictures, just for fun. :) Oh and I forgot to introduce her, she is Isabelle, Belle for short.
Dori looks good in blue and she can actually hold the mirror

color is apron, form is ballgown
Update: I added a photo comparing Anna and Belle in their original outfits so you can see the difference between their build caused by the bodice. :) I made that one later so it looks quite different.
Next member of Little Kingdom is going to be Merida and her playful adventures set. :)

2 megjegyzés:

  1. This was a GREAT review!:) I hadn't realized that certain outfit pieces can make them look a bit chubbier than others. I really like that, to be honest.:P The picture of "Snow Belle" makes her look like a ballerina:) The Little Kingdom dolls really are adorable.

    VálaszTörlés
    Válaszok
    1. Yes, they are!
      Well, Anna does love chocolate, so... ;)
      you are right, she does look like a ballerina

      Törlés